Words of Wisdom
When you need a tow or any other type of roadside assistance, the first instinct is to call the 1-800 number provided by the company. Why not, since it is an optional coverage that you pay for?
- Insurance companies offer this through a third party on a national scale.
- These third parties often times will try and connect a towing company from Seattle, Everett, Tacoma, and beyond to a person stranded in Kitsap County.
- This can (and does) cause the insured undue stress, anxiety, and frustration.
So, why bother carrying Roadside Assistance and what can be done to prevent such a problem?
- By carrying Roadside Assistance, you will be reimbursed (up to the policy limit) by the company for the payment you make directly to the towing company.
- By calling Kitsap Towing directly, rather than the 1-800 towing number provided by the insurance company, you will have a timely and efficient response and tow service.
Here are the steps to take:
- You need roadside assistance in Kitsap County due to a break-down, flat tire, lockout, dead battery, fuel delivery, etc.
- Call Kitsap Towing at 360-297-8600 (24 hour dispatch)
- Kitsap Towing will take in information such as your name and contact info, the location to tow from, the location to tow to, and your vehicle information.
- You will pay Kitsap Towing for their services.
- You will forward the paid receipt from Kitsap Towing to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- We will forward the receipt to the company for reimbursement.
- You will be reimbursed up to the policy limit.
For Roadside Assistance outside of Kitsap County, calling the 1-800 number provided by the company is recommended.